Wednesday, June 13, 2012

one year of real life

Hi, 


It's amazing how I can still find myself almost busier than during my 70 hr work weeks. Finally back today though after a few days of catching up on rest while attempting to prolong the days as much as i can to fit in everything that i want and need to do. 


Anyway, today is the one year anniversary that I have been with Lacrosse Unlimited of Danbury. This also amazes me - both how fast that year has gone by and how it really turned out to roll along. Life outta Mess. Real life. I can say it has been quite the experience. I always love to think and look back at how it REALLY went. Yes there were many days of stress, both mental and physical, but there are joys in the things I have learned and the people I have met which far outweigh them all. I decided this next year since it will be the first with this blog I will record keep these things much better as they come along. As always, i'm excited. 


And the adventure definitely continues as I will be moving in a month in a half, yet still have no idea where to....part of the reason why my lack of keeping up on here, being preoccupied with trying to figure out the unknown. I know I just have to let it be, and what is, is. 


Today was of course a baking day though. Pumpkin bread, for Miss Tinds, my friend Lindsay who will be having surgery on her back this upcoming week. Lindsay's favorite - which will also always have a place in our hearts as it was the first thing we indulged in (sent homemade by her mother) after doing a three day fruit detox freshman year at Mess. (how dumb?) but pretty entertaining all at the same time - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 


Pumpkin Bread 
(also a personal favorite of mine)


Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cup flour
1/2 TBS cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


3/4 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 TBS ground flax (optional)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350* and spray a bread loaf pan
2. Mix the first set of ingredients in a large bowl
3. Mix the second in a separate larger bowl
4. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients to the wet 
5. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes




enjoy. yesterday was also National Peanut Butter Cookie Day. Of course I celebrated the right way, I'll be posting the recipe on the page...


kk, got some bread to package up and some wine to drink - i walked into a fence earlier this afternoon...trying to step OVER it and was unsuccessful (obviously)....and i can't bend my knee so hoping the alch works enough for me to be good to go to gym it in the am of course :)






PEACEnLOVIN,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment