Thursday, June 7, 2012

treasures in jars of clay

I want to share this story, 


"A man found the cocoon of a butterfly. As he looked at it he saw that the butterfly was struggling to get out through a small hole in the cocoon but it couldn’t do it. It looked totally exhausted. Feeling sorry for it, the man ripped open the cocoon. 

The butterfly could now easily get out, but it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings. The man expected the fluid in the body to pass to the wings and then the butterfly would fly away. But that didn’t happen. Instead, the butterfly stayed malformed as it was and finally just crawled away, unable to fly. 

What the man didn’t understand is that God’s design for the butterfly is that through the struggle to get through a very small hole in its cocoon, the fluid in the butterfly’s body is forced into the wings. The struggle and pain of getting out of the cocoon are actually the very things that allow it to be able to fly."
-vcbc sermon transcript




Just some morning food for thought. 





John Piper explains life is; "not a straight line from one blessing to the next...life is a winding and troubled road". 

I'd say I agree with that. And although I can not say there are troubles along my path of life presently, there definitely have been this past year and without a doubt will be again in my future. My hope is that I remember there is a purpose for every single one of these though and for every troubled season. I'm sharing this today so you remember this as well,  as the unexpected comes along, and if right now is a time it may seem as though there is nothing good. There is, I just encourage and pray you find it. 


"He is plotting the course and managing the troubles with far-reaching 
purposes for our good" -John Piper



peace&love :)
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment