Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Happy Leap Day!
To be honest I'm not even sure what the whole leap day/year thing is, I'm gonna research later, my learning for the day I suppose.


It's snowing! 
Barely, but it is. Apparently 3-5 inches by tomorrow (hoping!) so we'll see. But right now there are definitely white flurries falling right outside my window. Perfect morning off, with cloudy skies, snow, and THE BEST winter white tea. I've been battling a cold for quite some time now, (almost turning to think it was mono after a much depleted energy day yesterday) but got out of work at 9 last night, took some nyquil and was out by 10:30. I woke up feeling much better - not the best, but better is a step. 


Since the registration site for the Broad Street had some technical difficulties the first day of sign ups, I did not get through (it filled the 30,000 runner cap at 3pm that afternoon!) crazy. I entered an additional lottery for another 2,500 runner but was informed on Monday I did not get into that either....bummed. As a consequence I am taking a few days off from running. I ran my fastest pace (under 7min) during my 5 mile run Sunday morning finishing in 34:27, but since I no longer have something to train for I'm going to take it easy this week and next and stick to cross training. 


Bike workout
15 minute intervals: (levels 6-9)
1 min sprint/1 min rest alternate for 5 min
30 sec sprint/3 sec rest alternate for 5 min
1 min sprint/1 min rest alternate for 5 min


Leg press 120 lbs 15 reps x3
Calf raises on leg press 90lbs 10 reps 3 way x3


45 minutes on the bike random hills (levels 6-12) ~11.5 miles




We'll see how I am tomorrow. So far so good. 
Off to work, lax is life.


peace&love,
Kelly anne

No comments:

Post a Comment