Monday, February 20, 2012

PR pace

This morning i woke up and ran 6 miles. In 42:15. 


This is my fastest pace yet for anything over a 5k so saying i was pretty pumped may be an understatement. After a somewhat restless night (a trend lately) I almost turned right over and kept on sleeping when my alarm went off, but i then remembered my great find yesterday and all i wanted to do was put my new sneaks on. So I did, and I ran. I really hope I have a reason to be pushing myself. Having something to train for is so much better. After a crashing website for the Broad Street all day during registration, it was closed by the time i finally got through. I'm in the lottery though for more applicants, and we're all praying I'm in. Let's hope. 


I then ventured over to farmington to my parents house to hang out with this lil guy:



This is my nephew Braden Scott. (Middle name my suggestion) :) and is the son of my twin sister Katie. I will share their introduction at some point I'm sure. But yes, Braden will be turning 2 next month, and since I will be missing his special day due to lax season, I had to get my fill of him before work steals my life away for the next two months. 

Our day consisted of sticking my play-doh snakes to the window, reading Clifford and Spot books, and playing his drumset of pots and pans. He is also finallyyy speaking (DMC's not too far away!) which was pretty entertaining. Daddy and hot were the top runners in his vocab for the day. Nonetheless a fun day, even did some baking. (Of course). 


p.s. My skis did not come back to danbury with me...maybe next year, wherever i find myself living.


Hope your Monday was just as sweet, with your week getting off to a kickin start - 
peace&love,
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment