Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waffle Wednesday

Happy February 1st! 
And I'm pretty pos, we're just skipping right over winter this year, which is bumming me out a little because i was super excited to be moving back up north with the snow away from the PA rain...things could be worse i suppose.


Anyway, it's my mini mid-week weekend (with today and tomorrow off) so that's always a push for better spirits. I was planning on going home to my parents' today to have playday with my sis and nephew but they unfortunately got a flat tire this morning...I have officially reached 19,000 miles on my wonderful black beauty in 6 months, so i figured I'd save some life on the poor guy since i'd be there by myself with my parents at work all day. Instead I'll embrace Dan for the day :)


Morning workout: Days off Long Runs (better for me to do on days off so i don't loose patience and get tired at work) p.s. Broad St sign ups start today


On the tread:
4 min warm up
6 mile run @ 42:28 
3 minute jog


20 min elliptical (lightly of course)


And for breakfast:


Pumpkin Protein Waffles 
I usually make these into pancakes but since it is Wednesday, i thought id do the waffle honor


Ingredients
1/3 c. complete pancake/waffle mix
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 c pumpkin
pumpkin pie spice
1 TBS ground flax
1 TBS wheat germ


topping
Molasses
Go Lean Crisp Cinnamon Crumble (their newest!)






(the best for after workouts)


Time for laundry, baking & coffee drinking i suppose. maybe i'll venture downtown.
I'll update.


peace & love on this sun-shining day,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment