Good morning! Happy September, wow.
Sorry for my absence, but i was away the past two days for a quick road trip to PA Friday and Saturday to see some favorite girls of mine, and spend some time catching up and having girls & wine night with them. It was much needed, and of course enjoyed.
While down there I also made a trip to see my friend who's father was in the accident, and I ask that you please continue to pray for him and their family. He will be having surgery on Tuesday so please keep them in your thoughts :) thank you.
Here's a good Sunday Morning recipe for ya.
Friends Jason and Peter, down in MD were the lucky ducks to taste test this one as I received a baking request from them a few days ago. After the bread there was a little leftover for myself, mom and dad to try so that is where the muffins com into play.
A spin on my beer bread, Lemon Shandy version, using Shock Top's (thanks Dad). A nice little way to add some summer, as it is so quickly and sadly ending.
Shock Top Lemon Shandy Bread
3 cups flour
3 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup (but i wish i had had agave for this, it would have been a little better for the lemon spin)
12 oz. bottle of Shock Top Lemon Shandy
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
3. Add the Syrup (or honey or agave if you wish to substitute which i recommend)
4. Add the beer and mix until combined
5. Pour into a greased bread loaf pan
6. Bake for about 45-50 minutes (or 15-20 for muffins)
7. Enjoy with a Beer on the side
Enjoy the day, the sunshine and all they have to bring today,