Thursday, January 19, 2012

author's note

"I could not have known then that everybody , every person has to leave, has to change like seasons; they have to or they die. The seasons remind me that I must keep changing, and I want to change because it is God's way. All my life I have been changing...Everybody has to leave their home and come back so they can love it again for all new reasons. 
I want to keep my soul fertile for the changes so things keep getting born in me, so things keep dying when its time for things to die. I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not to read the same page reccurrently. Only the good stories have characters different at the end then they were in the beginning...

No life cannot be understood on a flat page. It has to be lived; a person has to get out of his head, has to fall in love, has to jump off bridges into waters...It's a living book; this life...and so my prayer is that your story will have involved some leaving and some coming home, some summer some winter. My hope is your story will be about changing, about getting something beautiful born inside of you, about learning to love a woman or a man, about learning to love a child, about moving yourself around water, around mountains, around friends, about learning to love others more than we love ourselves, about learning oneness as a way of understanding God. We get one story, you and I and one story alone. God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and the resolution. It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it? 

It might be time for you to go. It might be time to change, to shine out. 
I want to repeat one word for you: Leave. 

Don't worry. Everything will still be here when you get back. It is you who will have changed."

- Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts




peace & love, 
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment