Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Run 2012

Hey guys,


If you are a reader that knows me well, you are more than well aware that I love to run. After putting my lacrosse career to a close sophomore year at Mess (story can be posted at a later day if there's interest) I took up running long distance, and have been committed ever since, I learned to love spending hours running through the Farmington Valley until I just got board (which was really never the case). Runner's high and tracking higher mileage can be extremely thrilling you know. And it's one of the best opportunities to experience and appreciate the creation around us. 


I did my first official race the summer after my junior year, the annual GE 5k Road Race for the Petit Family Foundation in Plainville, CT - held every summer. My Uncle is also an avid runner (of INSANELY longer distances) and asked me to join him for this one. My first race, I ended up placing 4th for women, 2nd in my age bracket - and although I do not run to win, it definitely showed me I may have found my niche. Since there weren't many race opportunities at school I just ran and lifted to keep myself in shape. I originally had plans to run the Broad Street 10 mile but after my return from a month in Africa (another story to be told) the run was capped. I was then told about the Harrisburg 10 miler race that was happening this past April. A couple friends and I signed up right away, and I started serious training for this. A week before the race I ran my longest distance to date 10 miles, and it's ridiculous how accomplished I felt. Race day came, I placed 1st for my age group. Sweet life. 


I didn't stop there though. My Uncle convinced me to do a 7mile - mountain trail race with him this past summer, (Literally I was running a hike, with parts both up and down of straight rock). THE MOST exciting and daunting thing I have ever done. I thought a trail race was just a hilly run through the woods...not the case.    However, I did love every minute and am definitely up to doing it again and more. 


This brings me to my RUN page - there I was post times and distances for all my races, different workouts, goals and upcoming events which I hope to take part in. Feel free to try some out yourselves if you can keep up ;) and OF COURSE lemme know if you want to join me for a race. Another 2012 resolution for me is to increase my distance, and continue to train hard but in new ways. God has blessed me with a crazy passion and I want to keep finding fun in it while my body can still keep up of course :) 




p.s. favorite new workout song: "RUN" The Knux ft. kid cudi - (how ironic maybe?)
take a min to listen






peace & love,
Kellbell

No comments:

Post a Comment