Monday, January 16, 2012

Nehemiah 8:10

Wake up, work out:


Treadmill:
4 min warm up
4 mile run @ 29:32 (may be a new best time actually)
3 min walk


Cross Train: 30 min
Ab circuit: 5 min


Even though my weekend away may not have been to most restful (sleeping-wise) this morning's workout was good after a few days off. Still keeping up in case I find myself at that starting line next month...(Kara - real Broad St. training plan maybs?)


Nehemiah 8:10, this is the verse of the day.


I got in last night from my road-tripping travels, and took today off to get some much needed unpacking/cleaning and personal-day-mind-resting done. I read this verse while eating my breakfast (pumpkin vanilla-protein pancakes), and it was just the reminder that I needed. I will update in further detail about my weekend adventures, but it was definitely bittersweet being with my girls again. Post-grad life can be hard without my 10 girl support system around me 24/7 up here in Connecticut, but it is the joy of the Lord that gives me excitement to see what life has for me in each day. As Billy Graham said, joy "does not depend on circumstances but triumphs over circumstances". I agree that it is definitely a state of being that brings me peace like nothing else. There is definitely joy in everyday - I promise. It's the little things. Hope your week starts off happy. Posts to come once I finish cleaning and finally do some yoga. (Cassandra send me some pics?) 




PEACE & love


p.s. heard this for the first time the morning drive down from Philly to VA, sharing.






-kell

No comments:

Post a Comment