Thursday, January 12, 2012

rain...rude.

We got snow in Connecticut Halloween weekend. It's January 12th, and we have yet to see snow since and its raining this morning. 


I'm still driving around Dan with my skis in my car, since I have yet to put them to use. I'm ITCHING to have a snow day and ski the streets of downtown. I'll pray for it. I woke up this morning a little tired considering i only got five hours of sleep, but getting caught up in late night conversations are always worth it. Made it to the gym by 630 and made myself run.


Treadmill:
4 min warm up - .5 miles
3 miles @ 21:32 
.5 mile cool down
   (it's been a long time habit of mine to do the 4 min warm up and cool down, no answer for why - im sorry.)


Elliptical & cross trainer 30 minutes total


My uncle sent me a link for a race next month:
10th Annual Bob Andrulis Memorial Sweetheart 5k
is Feb 9th or 10th Valentines Day? Just wondering if that's what the Sweetheart implies...
I'm not sure if its a trail race or not or how difficult...I will have to find out. I just know i need to start doing more HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts if I'm going to be required to do mountainous endeavors..harder, better, stronger faster?


This week's been a little packed with work and getting things done. I'm going to Philly tomorrow night to see my dear friend Kara and LU is hosting a social for the US Lacrosse Coach's Convention. I will then be going down to VA for a bridal shower for a very lucky girl, (no no not me) and to visit the wonderful Housewives of Reston, VA who just moved into their own apartment (exciting!) I'm hoping to make some other visits along the way to see some friends in MD and to hopefully check out the NEW LU of NAPP, MD (check it out!)


Consequently, working alot this week to get the weekend off, with some trying to make some treats to give along the way ;) (of course) and packing to do before work tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it all rollsss. Superrr excited though. Super. Next week I will have much more time to get into my brain - there's a lot going on up there lately.






Have a lovely day, and find some sunshine despite the rain.
peace & love,
kelly anne

No comments:

Post a Comment