Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Recipe

I decided on a bread - Apple Gingerbread. 


Bread is probably a favorite of mine since there are so many variations and options, you really can do whatever you like. A lot of the time I base mine off a basic recipe and add my own variations to make it to what I'm feelin. Tonight was gingerbread (my own variation), and I had some apples starting to bruise sitting on the counter so i decided to throw em in. 


The result:


Apple Gingerbread (for 1 loaf)
1/2 cup white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 c. ground flax seed
1/2 tsp baking powder & soda
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1 pinch salt
1/8 c. brown sugar & white sugar
1 tall jar of oatmeal, granola & raisin baby food (my secret ingredient for most of my breads - any kind/flavor of your desire works perfectly) 
       p.s i reallyyy didn't want to share that
1/8 c. & 1 tbs molasses
1/8 c. & 1tbs oil
1 egg
3/4 an apple chopped


directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or grease 1 bread loaf pan. Mix the dry ingredients (flour through allspice) in a small bowl. Mix the wet ingredients, and then add in the dry gradually. I drizzled this one with agave as well. Bake for 40-50 minutes.




delicious




goodnight my dears
peace & love
-Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment