Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mornings off does not mean sleeping in.

Goodmorning goodmorning, hope all is well.
I'm sitting at my desk in front of my window, with my coffee, norah jones playing and the sun just coming out in Danbury. All is well here :)


The nice thing about my job is that my hours change from week to week, depending on when I need to be in the store. Days usually tend to be 10-6 or 12-8. Today it happens to start at one. Having mornings of is super fun sometimes since I get to work out a little more and spend a little more time cooking and enjoying the daylight. 


I woke up this morning wanting to run. After cutting a piece of apple gingerbread I ran down to the car and went out to the gym.


Today's workout:


Treadmill:
4 min warm up - .5 mile
6 miles running @ 44:30 (varying speeds and inclines)
cool down - .25 mile walk/jog


Cross Training - Arc Trainer: 15 minutes
Abs: 8 minute circuit (I'll start posting these soon)


The Philadelphia Broad Street Run registration starts next month, since I missed it last year I will be signing up first thing next month. It's a 10 mile race down center Broad Street in Philadelphia. After studying at Temple University my junior year of school, I had my fair share running broad street and now I'm dyinggg to get back there. I need to get new sneaks before I really start training for this, but i start I'd see how I do with the distance this morning since I haven't done much lately. 


I'll keep my training run updates going for those of you who are curious as to what goes into  it and those who may also want to give it a shot. I HIGHLY recommend it, it's fun, good for you and of course it only becomes easier with time. No need for speed at first, just run. 


And I won't tell you what I just cooked to bring for dinner tonight. You'd only make fun of me - ask me personally if you really must know. (elizabeth, you would appreciate though)


Let's see what the day has ready for me, 
peace & love
-Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment