Monday, January 16, 2012

will drive for those i love.

Kelly's weekend adventures:

Friday night I was back in Philly, the city that had my heart, to visit my friend Kara who was working the US Lacrosse Coach's Convention, and to bring her to the social Lacrosse Unlimited was hosting in center city for the weekend-event. LU knows how to party - it's always quite the exciting time getting everyone together, and it was a great opportunity to catch up, and network. And of course I was thrilled when Rihanna was requested for me ;) Nonetheless, everyone was happy and it seemed to be a successful night. Kara and I woke up the next morning and grabbed coffee and bagels at Redding Terminal Market (where I spent A LOT of my time while living in Philadelphia) before she had to get back to the Conference to work. 

This weekend was also the first chance I've had to see my best friends since October. I'm gradually learning on living life without these girls 24/7 white at Messiah. It is hard to get used to sometimes but I know it's another step for me to begin the next part of my life I'm meant to explore, with life, the world, and new people. I'm definitely excited, but these girls do and always will hold an extremely deep place in my heart. After spending Friday night in Philly I made my way to Virginia for Cassandra's bridal shower at her older sister's house. (A wedding to go down in Mess history btw - those who know what im talkin about). It was SO great to give these girls hugs once again:

We spent some time catching up,

Meghan, Katie, Lindsay
Bride-to-be and best friend Colleen
Kimberly, Kourtney, Me

Played some games,


Opened presents,


and then spent the whole night DMCing and drinking wine at Katie, Elizabeth and Lindsay's new apartment in Virginia. My best friends:


(pictures thanks to Cassandra)

Sunday I left for the long ride back to CT, all 6+ hours. I really do enjoy the long drives though being required to get used to them once going to Mess. I made my first pit stop in Annapolis, MD at the newest Lacrosse Unlimited to check it out with my friend JJ and deliver some of the beer bread loaves I made pre-trip :) The store is HUGE but super nice, and it will definitely do well with all the hotbeds down there. Lax is really life.



I then made the long ride up to CT (no traffic AT ALL! first time ever) with a pit stop on Long Island for a break and caught the end of the Giants-Packers game with Jason, the manager of LU Garden City - I owed him a beer, and NY was prob the best place to witness the outcome of that game of course ;) Made me miss all the Pittsb/Philly games in Penn. 

I'm definitely thankful for having the time off to make my road trip since I'm really not too sure when I will be seeing everyone again - I mean lax season is coming ;)...and come March I will be working like a bee. 



BUT cookies just came out of the oven :) day off = baking day right?
peace & love,
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment