Monday, May 28, 2012

creepy crawlies

There are bugs all over my computer screen right now. I don't mind at all. Its the only source of light in the room right now besides the TV. 


I'm writing this from the couch in the family room at my parents house in Farmington :) one of my dearest life friends came home from Boston for the weekend and came to visit me at work today and suggested I come home for the night. So that's just what i did. (thank you allison) :) some extra time with Baby Mac (the lil sis) and unexpectedly my nephew was exactly what I needed after the past few weeks. With all the unknowns of life running my mind lately, it was perfect to come home to the familiar things I love. 


There's no place like home.


I later decided to go for a late night run around the Highlands. Perfect. Finally my first outdoor run of the summer, under the stars, no street lamps in one of my favorite places in all of God's creation. It amazes me how something like this could bring me so much peace, comfort, reassurance and joy. But this how I know my faith is real. 


I am loving life at this very moment. I find peace and joy in the little things of life, there is not much needed to make me happy. Running under the stars tonight only makes me think though; if I can find so much beauty and greatness in the life out here, how much more beauty and greatness is really out there. I can't even fathom. Hopefully I will soon be able to add some under-the-star-midnight runs to the list in places besides Connecticut and Pennsylvania. As for now, I will continue to savor my last few runs in the Farmington Valley. 


But, I suppose i should try to go to bed. Must get up early to drive back to Danbury to open the store tomorrow morning...everyone else though, enjoy your day off :) and to my veterans and friends currently fighting for peace, thank you, and all the most wonderful blessings.


peace&love,
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment