Friday, May 18, 2012

what defines

This is one of my favorite things that I own. I made this that second semester my sophomore year at Messiah. For one of our required gen eds - which is taken sophomore year by every Messiah student, we were required to make a "Creation Project" there were no significant guidelines, just to incorporate your faith, your vision of creation and that role of God's creation in your life. 

My final project:


Inside on the glass are some of the lyrics to the song that influenced by decision in what I would make. The song is Mirror by Barlowgirl:



This song really hit me that year when I decided wether to continue to be the athlete I had always been known as and what I thought I should be, or to trust my heart and follow something else, and see God's new plan for me. 

The frame of the mirror consists of several verses that I feel are great in showing God's love for everything he has created:







This mirror always reminds me of this time of learning in my life, and my new found trust in God's plan for me. It is a constant reminder of his love, and that daily I should be finding joy in the person I'm created to be; not who I think I'm supposed to be. 



I pray this encourages you today as it does for me. The weekend is here! Enjoy it, and his creation all around us. I'll be in Virginia till Monday or Tuesday :)

peace&love,
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment