Monday, May 21, 2012

life moving forward

Hello from Reston, Virginia :)


I'm currently couch chillen with some coffee while my friend Lindsay is studying for the GRE's (get it girll) today is my last day here, until i am back to work tomorrow in Danbury, CT. But exciting things happening down here this past weekend. 


One of my best friends Elizabeth got engaged on Saturday. Yay! Lots of celebrating, with hugs and tears took place that night. Elizabeth was set up with our friend's older brother last summer and of course they hit it off - real well :) 


If you are reading this and not a current or past student of Messiah College you may think that me being 22 is a young age to be having friends tie the knot. For me yes, I would agree that I am not quite there yet, being there are too many places I still want to go, and things I would like to do. (Especially before becoming a stay at home mom as i'd like when the time comes) But yes getting married soon after college is a trend with many people I know. It's okay though :) Not having pre-marital sex is a strong value too, so i mean if you were dating someone seriously for a while, why not get married as soon as the time is right for both if you know you want to be together? ;)


Things like this do always make me think though about my future. Just the fact that there are so many unknowns as to where my life will take me, who i will meet, and what I will do. Yes it is scary at times, i will admit - especially when many of my best friends and also my twin sister have security of starting a new life with family. But for me this unknown and time of adventure is exciting none the less. I mean, I'm growing up, my lease is up in almost two months exactly, and as I am not planning on staying in Danbury, I have no idea what is next to come. Things like this always bring out my natural curiosity to it's fullest.


I read this this morning though, and am sharing because it is definitely important in how unanswered questions should be looked at. This is taken from a book by Lisa Beamer, who lost her husband in the crashes of 9/11 



"...or I can trust that God is working everything for my 
good. I have chosen to believe God, to believe he loves me and has a plan for 

now and for eternity… The road ahead is uncertain and even scary at times, 
but I believe that God will provide what’s best for me, just when I need it… I 
try to appreciate my blessings every day" 



Through sufferings, joys, new beginnings, endings, it is important to remember that God loves you and that unknowns are meant for him to show his glory and the love he has for you in carrying out his plan. The blessings are best when they come in the unexpected at the times of the unknowns. So trust, and no matter where you are in your life right now, there is a purpose and a time and place for everything.


peace&love,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment