Monday, May 28, 2012

nothing will be impossible

"He replied, 'Because you have so little faith. Truly, I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain; 'Move from there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you'".
Matthew 17:20





I was given this at work today by one of our most wonderful regular customers, Mr. B. He is a newer customer, just beginning to grace us with his presence only a few months ago, but he definitely brings some enjoyment and laughter to our long days. A coach for a new high school team across the boarder in New York, he is a much older graduate player from Hobart. His collection of older lacrosse twigs is quite impressive, and he now wishes to have James my co-in-charge put his ever beloved custom corner pockets in each and every one :)

Anyways, Mr. B frequently jokes that if only he could adopt me to be the daughter he never had. Quite the man Mr. B is, (unfortunately i continually must remind him that both my parents are still living and do still love me as their own.) However, his gentle heart and spirit are things I do appreciate greatly, he comes to give life guidance to James and I    whole heartily as if we really were his own. He is aware of my religious background, and that I do allow my faith to have an impact in my every day life so he felt that I would appreciate this. And i did. 

The charm is a symbol of Matthew 17:20. In the front there is a mustard seed, small and simple. On the back it states, "If ye have faith as a grain or mustard seed...nothing shall be impossible unto you". 

I love this. I am very familiar with this parable in scripture and what a way to be constantly reminded that nothing is impossible. 


Though moving to Danbury has been difficult at times away from my family and friends, and having no real support system close by, I am continually amazed to find reassurance in the God sightings from day to day just like this. That this past year I was meant to move here; and that it is not impossible for there to be a greater purpose for my presence here. I still have some time. 

For now, i will continue to appreciate the little things, and find joy in everyday. I mean it's Memorial day, the "unofficial start of summer" right?? Let the season of best of days begin.


Hope everyone had a wonderfully peaceful holiday weekend,
THANK YOU to all of you who serve and have served for peace and our country,

peace&love,
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment