Saturday, August 11, 2012

El Chaiyai

I've been doing this the past few days. Baby Mac leaves to go back to school tomorrow, and we had to have one last summer adventure, she was the one to come along for moral support.



It says El Chaiyai in Hebrew script, which translates to "the God of my Life"
ps. 42:8 is quoted underneath which is where this reference comes from. It reads,

"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me 
- a prayer to the God of my Life"


Wanting to get a tattoo since last summer, I always joked about getting the Lacrosse Unlimited Laxman on my wrist. However this was my final decision. I had it done on the inside of my right arm, right where my wrist ends (my hand is right where the picture cuts off on the left) the size is deceiving, its only about 1/2" x 1 1/4". (Yes I have tiny wrists and fit into baby bracelets). 

I love the name El Shaddai for God, which is usually translated to "God Almighty". However, when I learned about El Chaiyai I fell in love with this, as he is just that - the God of my life. 

Putting this on my wrist is not only a constant reminder of my faith and where I should be directed. But also the peace that comes from his love everyday. I wanted it to be subtle but visible for others to see; in hopes that it sparks conversation, where I can continue to share God's name and love. 


Working today
but YOU have a happy saturday, please :)


p.s. workout posts will be making a comeback soon.

Peace&love,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment