Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oat-less Oats?

Oatmeal minus the Oats



If you are a fan of oats for breakfast I urge you to try this! Trust me, I was also hesitant at first. But I tried it a few mornings ago and loved it. This is a great protein packed start to your day aside from the usual eggs and toast. Feel free to add a scoop of protein powder to the mix for extra flavor too. (I usually add a scoop of vanilla for recovery if I eat this after mornings at the gym).


Ingredients:
(adapted recipe from here)
3 egg whites
1/2 cup milk
1-2 tbs ground flax seeds
1/2 or a whole banana
2 tbs sunflower seeds***
cinnamon
sunflower seeds for topping
1/4 tsp chai seeds for topping

Directions:
1. Whisk together the egg whites and milk in a pan on the stove.
2. Turn to medium heat and stir in the flax, banana, sunflower seeds and cinnamon. 
3. Continue stirring until it reaches the desired consistency. 
4. Top with any nuts, seeds, nut butter, fruit your heart is feelin that morning. 

***(peanuts, almonds or walnuts make a great subsitution to the sunflower seeds added in the mixture - i was in the sunflower mood today.) Subsitute ~1/4 cup of nuts of choice.

Good luck!



My nephew's here so morning playtime with my morning coffee is where it's at today. 


Later Lovelies
Peace&love,
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment